Put your best chin forward with Belkyra™ Canada!
How can Belkyra™ enhance your life
Even with the best workout routine and most balanced diet, some areas of stubborn fat just can’t seem to disappear on their own. Thankfully, Belkyra is here to help! This disappearing act isn’t magic – it’s proven science that gently and effectively dissolves submental (under chin) fat once and for all. Forget the photo filter – and enjoy a sleek, sculpted profile every time you look in the mirror!
BELKYRA, also known in the United States as Kybella, is an injectable drug that reduces fat under the chin. This non-surgical treatment uses a natural substance, deoxycholic acid, which is found in the body. It works by destroying the fat cells’ membranes and creating a beautiful, contoured shape below the chin.
Even with the best workout routine and most balanced diet, some areas of stubborn fat just can’t seem to disappear on their own. Thankfully, Belkyra is here to help! It’s proven science that gently and effectively dissolves submental (under the chin) fullness (aka double chin) to reveal a sleek, sculpted chin and profile every time you look in the mirror!
The Belkyra™ Procedure
Systematic as ever
The submental area is marked to ensure proper placement of template for injections.
An appropriately-sized stencil is placed to transfer markings to the client’s skin where Belkyra is to be injected.
The stencil is removed and a temporary tattoo of the areas the Belkyra will be injected is left on the skin.
Belkrya is then injected into the marked area- usually, one injection per “dot”(temporary tattoo).
Is is right for You
Are you a good candidate for a Belkyra™
One or more of these 3 factors can cause a loss of definition or a lack of a chin profile.
- Ageing – Unwelcome changes can cause a fullness under your chin. These can include excess skin, fat accumulation, and a loosening effect on the surrounding muscles.
- Genetics – The development of fullness under your chin is a result of genetics. This can be seen in younger adults who have a deep chin and excess fat deposits. These changes are independent of ageing, however, they will worsen with normal ageing.
- Weight Gain – Weight gain can also lead to an appearance of fullness below the chin. As we age, most people gain weight. Even moderate weight gain can lead to greater fullness under our chins.
- Autoimmune skin disease
What can you expect on Belkyra™
After determining that you are a good candidate, our staff will take several photos to follow your transformation. Then, we mark the area around your chin with a grid of dots using a temporary tattoo. This helps us determine the amount of Belkyra we will need to use. Next, the area is anesthetized locally before the Belkyra is injected (usually, one injection per dot). The average person requires 20-30 small injections. For best results, 2-6 treatments at intervals of 6 weeks are require
You will notice swelling in your chin immediately. This swelling indicates that your fat cells have been eliminated. The swelling peaks around the 2nd day and lasts about 2 weeks. There may also be a needle mark or bruise that lasts approximately 1 week. The injection site may feel hard, numb or lumpy and will be sensitive to touch. This is a normal part of healing. It typically takes 6-8 weeks to settle. Then, once it has resolved, the next treatment can proceed.
Pre and Post Belkyra™ Results
Double chins are out, Sculpted chins are in
The condition of the client before Belkyra was administered.
Post-Belkyra (6 Weeks)
The looks of the same client 6 weeks after the first treatment.
Post-Belkyra (After 11 Weeks)
This is how our client looked 5 weeks after the second treatment.
All You Need to Know About Belkyra™
One or more of the following factors can lead to the appearance of a “double chin”
- Ageing creates unwelcome changes including excess skin, fat accumulation, and a loosening effect on the surrounding muscles in the chin area.
- Genetics also plays a role and can be seen in younger adults who have a deep chin and excessive fat deposition. Over time, this appearance will worsen with normal.
- Weight gain can also lead to submental fullness. As we age, most people gain weight and even moderate weight gain can lead to greater fullness under the chin.
- Autoimmune skin diseases also are a factor to consider.
Any male or female over the age of 18 who is in good health is a potential candidate for Belkyra™ Injectable. However, a consultation with a medical professional is conducted before determining its suitability.
Clients with the following conditions are unsuitable for this type of treatment:
- Allergy to any component of the injectable
- Active infection at the injection site
- Pregnant or breastfeeding clients
- Muscle or joint issues in the neck region
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
Before the procedure begins, several photos are taken to follow the transformation. The submental area is marked with a grid of dots like a temporary tattoo. The area is then anesthetized before the Belkrya™ is injected. (Usually, it is one injection per dot.) The average individual requires 20-30 small injections. The total treatment time is about 15-20 minutes.
There will be swelling in the chin area immediately. This swelling indicates that the fat cells have been eliminated. The swelling peaks around the second day and lasts about 2 weeks. There may also be a needle mark or bruise that lasts approximately 1 week. The injection site may feel hard, numb or lumpy and will be sensitive to touch. This is a normal part of healing. It typically takes 6-8 weeks to settle. Further treatment will proceed after this point.
This is very individual and will be determined during the medical consultation. Most people require 2-6 treatments at intervals of 6-8 weeks.
One treatment session of Belkyra™ is approximately $1200 but will be discussed at the consultation appointment. We have a detailed blog on Belkyra with more details.